The Process of Making Our CBD Products
Comfort Leaf's products use whole-plant hemp extracts which is processed into premium CBD oil or isolated Crystalline Cannabinoid CBD. (View our illustrated infographic of how we process our CBD – click here.)
Our Kentucky farming partners sustainably grow this premium hemp-derived CBD in the rich, fertile soils of Kentucky. Delivering a socially, economically and environmentally conscious product through seed-to-scale agricultural production.
Our Kentucky Farming Partners
The most beneficial way to acquire CBD in the U.S. is from a legal hemp program in a state that is fully compliant with Federal Farm Bill section 7606.
The State of Kentucky has the best legislative and regulatory pathway to empower hemp programs to grow, cultivate, process, and market hemp and hemp-derived CBD. The Kentucky Department of Agriculture (KDA) clearly articulates that the hemp flower is to be processed as an agricultural commodity – in other words, as food.
Our Kentucky family farming partners have been pioneers in these farming practices and hemp agriculture for generations. Comfort Leaf is proud of having a relationship with our farms that have a successful history with the Kentucky Department of Agriculture.
ALL PRODUCTS ARE PRODUCED IN AN FDA REGISTERED AND INSPECTED, FOOD-GRADE, GMP-COMPLIANT FACILITY AND ARE TESTED BY THIRD PARTIES FOR SAFETY AND QUALITY.
Harvesting & CO2 Extraction
- Harvesting of the hemp plant. Harvesting typically begins approximately six weeks after flowering or when the seeds have ripened.
- Cooling & Pressure is started by using the extraction equipment in a lab, the CO2 gas is turned into a frozen liquid by dropping the temperature below -69F degrees while increasing the pressure to over 75 pounds per square inch. At this stage, you have your starting point for CO2 Cannabis extraction.
- Heating & Pressure, the next step is to increase the temperature using a heater and pressure past the point where the liquid becomes ‘supercritical.’ When CO2 is in its supercritical state, it is ideal for chemical extraction because it won’t cause damage that would make it unfit for human consumption.
- Oil Separation is when the compound gets passed via a separator and broken down into its requisite parts. The good stuff (Cannabidiol, Trichomes and Terpenes) are sent to the collection container.
- CBD Crystalline can be produced after the oil has separated. It is than winterizing, and any fats and lipids are removed. Turning the oil into a fine white powder. CBD Crystaline powder can be added to anything you can eat, dab It, smoke It, vaporize it, or make your own products with it.
Products Sent For Lab Testing
We believe you are all entitled to know what you are consuming and should be able to make an informed decision on what enters your body.
Comfort Leaf ensures to have every product batch tested for purity and potency by a third party lab, all to guarantee that “What’s on the label is what you’re getting!”
Accurate testing of the product is essential to ensure our products have the highest levels of quality, potency and purity. We measure CBD levels using state of the art High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) equipment. In addition to testing CBD levels in every batch of Canabidol CBD oil. We also test for microbiological contamination, heavy metals and pesticid